What you could try to do is print out the pdf file, then locate a
scanner with a suitable scanning software. Several scanning software
have the possibility of generating word processing program output or
ASCII format. Since the pdf file is text only (no figures etc) then it
should be OK. You just have to go through the output generated and check
for errors (such software is not "perfect" and produces errors here and
there).

HTH,

Fred.