The quote 'vse poety zhidy' is not by Mandelstam but comes from Tsvetaeva's "Poem of the End" (1924) , and literally gives, "all poets — yids") "zhid" being a popular tzarist derogatory epithet with both Tsvetaeva and celan totally conscious, of course, of the derogatory nature of the word.
I don't however think barry mis-appropriated that line in some way nastily.
PJ