I certainly knew how the Pavilion was used - but did not know that it was
propaganda! It was certainly segregated.

There is a 35pp booklet on my shelves: Joyce Collins, Dr.Brighton's Indian
Patients, December 1914 - January 1916, published by Brighton Books (nd).
Has great photographs. She tells a different story:

Collins says many buildings in Brighton had already been converted into
hospitals for troops; initially the Indians were supposed to have a hospital
in France. This was changed and the 'Mayor, the Chairman of the Pavilion
Committee and the Town Clerk' suggested the Pavilion (already in use for war
purposes)  'The Corporation readily agreed.'  A ship being used as a
hospital in S'oton had been on fire, so the wounded Indians on it had been
transferred to 'an adapted hospital' there.  The King visited the following
day and 'appointed Sir Walter Lawrence his Commissioner in chrge of the
Welfare of Indian Troops, with responsibility to take action in the matter'.