Booking was a welcoming, well supported process said one of our recent users - one less thing to worry about in these demanding times!

If you struggle to make an impact with your local council; or you know your work is hitting all the right buttons for the Big Society but you are finding it difficult to get the message across to stakeholders; then sign up to Advocating Your Service on 14 October.  It will give you all the basic planning tools you need to gain the support and influence your organisation needs to be effective.

Other opportunities to make you and your line manager happy with courses that are tailored for your needs are:

o       Community Engagement: an introduction to the skills and planning required on 11 October

o       Volunteer Management: an essential introduction on 21 October

o       Volunteer Management: reflecting the community in volunteer diversity on 15 November

o       Inclusive Services: Practical strategies for working with teenagers on 30 November

And coming up in November - a range of courses all discussed by our User Panel, a group of your peers who comment on all our work to make sure it's in line with the needs of the sector:

o       Fundraising from Trusts and foundations: practical steps to success with funding bodies on 2 November

o       Financial management: techniques for taking it up a level on 10 November

o       Working with the media: essential skills for media projects and campaigns on 4 November

o       Visitor and user data: how to collect and use it effectively on 11 November

o       Social media know how: making the best use of online tools and platforms on 17 November

o       Digital Strategies: making the most of your online presence on 25 November

o       Copyright next steps: building on basic knowledge of copyright/digitisation on 23 November

So with a packed programme ahead we hope there is something available to suit your needs.  If not - tell us what you need, we'll try our best to find a solution whether in-house or as part of the public programme.

We'll highlight the courses from December onwards in the next email, but if you can't wait that long click on the links or go to the pdf brochure for further details.

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.creatingcapacity.org

Don’t forget the importance of your learning journey in these challenging times – upcoming courses at Creating Capacity:

1/10 Copyright Essentials

11/10 Community Engagement

14/10 Advocating your service

19/10 Beginner’s guide to archives