Booking was a welcoming, well supported process said one of our recent users
- one less thing to worry about in these demanding times!

If you struggle to make an impact with your local council; or you know your
work is hitting all the right buttons for the Big Society but you are
finding it difficult to get the message across to stakeholders; then sign up
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90470&cour
seid=90470&zz=58488946> Advocating Your Service on 14 October.  It will give
you all the basic planning tools you need to gain the support and influence
your organisation needs to be effective.

Other opportunities to make you and your line manager happy with courses
that are tailored for your needs are:

o       Community Engagement:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90480&cour
seid=90480&zz=17121924>  an introduction to the skills and planning required
on 11 October

o       Volunteer Management:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90142&cour
seid=90142&zz=97644348>  an essential introduction on 21 October

o       Volunteer Management:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90298&cour
seid=90298&zz=84657322> reflecting the community in volunteer diversity on
15 November

o       Inclusive Services:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90481&cour
seid=90481&zz=09312300>  Practical strategies for working with teenagers on
30 November

And coming up in November - a range of courses all discussed by our User
Panel, a group of your peers who comment on all our work to make sure it's
in line with the needs of the sector:

o       Fundraising from Trusts and foundations:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90304&cour
seid=90304&zz=46907228>  practical steps to success with funding bodies on 2
November

o       Financial management:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90309&cour
seid=90309&zz=95461694> techniques for taking it up a level on 10 November

o       Working with the media:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90471&cour
seid=90471&zz=57239324>  essential skills for media projects and campaigns
on 4 November

o       Visitor and user data:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90472&cour
seid=90472&zz=67313664>  how to collect and use it effectively on 11
November

o       Social media know how:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90472&cour
seid=90472&zz=67313664>  making the best use of online tools and platforms
on 17 November

o       Digital Strategies:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90327&cour
seid=90327&zz=26235450>  making the most of your online presence on 25
November

o       Copyright next steps:
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90321&cour
seid=90321&zz=51882720> building on basic knowledge of
copyright/digitisation on 23 November

So with a packed programme ahead we hope there is something available to
suit your needs.  If not - tell us what you need, we'll try our best to find
a solution whether
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/index.aspx?id=4&nId=11> in-house or as
part of the public programme.

We'll highlight the courses from December onwards in the next email, but if
you can't wait that long click on the links or go to the
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/uploads/creating_capacity_programme_Sep_Mar
ch_2July_v12.pdf> pdf brochure for further details.

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.creatingcapacity.org <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/>

Don't forget the importance of your learning journey in these challenging
times - upcoming courses at Creating Capacity
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/> :

1/10 Copyright Essentials
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=86194&cour
seid=86194&zz=21530784>

11/10 Community Engagement
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90480&cour
seid=90480&zz=17121924>

14/10 Advocating your service
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90470&cour
seid=90470&zz=58488946>

19/10 Beginner
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=86185&cour
seid=86185&zz=98945638> 's guide to archives

21/10 Volunteer management
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90142&cour
seid=90142&zz=97644348>

Full programme 2010 / 2011 here
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/uploads/creating_capacity_programme_Sep_Mar
ch_2July_v12.pdf>

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2009 at
http://www.arlis.org.uk/