-----Original Message-----
From: Archivists, conservators and records managers.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stuart Tyler
Sent: 02 September 2010 16:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Searchroom handling guidelines

Dear colleagues,

The Dorset History Centre is working on new handling guidelines for
visitors, to be displayed in our searchroom.

I wondered if colleagues at other offices had handling guidelines they
would be willing to share?

I think the content of such guidelines has probably been discussed on the
mailing list before in the not-too-distant past, but we are interested not
only in the content of the guidelines, but also style (use of images,
colour schemes etc) and methods of display (laminate sheets, 'menu holder'
stands on searchroom tables etc). If anyone has any observations on the
success of such handling guidelines in their office, or examples of
feedback from customers, this would be very helpful too.

Many thanks,
Stuart

Stuart Tyler
Outreach and Communities Officer

Dorset History Centre
Bridport Road
Dorchester
Dorset DT1 1RP

Tel (external): 01305 228937
Tel (internal): 717-237

HOME PAGE
www.dorsetforyou.com/dorsethistorycentre

NEWS AND EVENTS
www.dorsetforyou.com/dorsethistorycentre/news

TALKS AND GROUP VISITS
www.dorsetforyou.com/dorsethistorycentre/talks

VOLUNTEERS
www.dorsetforyou.com/dorsethistorycentre/volunteers

"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the
content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware
that all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance
with relevant legislation."

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY -
www.maildefender.net

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a
holiday) see the list website at