Posted on behalf of Rosie Logiudice:

Dear All,

The National Register of Archives www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/nra/ is seeking to develop and expand on established links between the NRA and collection level descriptions on repositories own catalogues. This is in addition to existing links to networks including Access to Archives, Archives Hub and AIM25. There are now links from over one third of NRA sub-records to a collection level description page in an online catalogue, many of which can be browsed through to series and item level descriptions. The project has been successful to date, with links having been made to archival software, including CALM and ADLIB catalogues, such as Surrey History Centre, National Maritime Museum, Dundee University, Nottingham University and Senate House Library.

In order to link to a repository’s online catalogue we would need to receive a list of all the ISAD(G) reference codes for the collections held. If this were not possible then details of all collection reference numbers would also be fine. We are flexible about the file format we can receive these in (xml, csv, Excel, Access or HTML). We would also need to have an example of a persistent URL from the repository’s catalogue, which generates a collection level description page.

For examples of these links please click on the hyperlink below, an entry on the NRA for the Royden family of Frankby, which includes links to both The Women’s Library and Cheshire and Chester Archives online catalogues:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/nra/searches/subjectView.asp?ID=F7613

If the NRA already links to your online catalogue, we would be keen to receive regular information about additions to it and also ask to be informed of changes to the structure of persistent URLs, to ensure we can maintain the links.

If you are interested in taking part or updating existing links please contact Rosie Logiudice, Resource Discovery Officer, [log in to unmask] Archives Sector Development, The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU.

Rosie Logiudice
Resource Discovery Officer

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.