This is a brief reminder to send in your registration forms to be involved in HEFCE policy making over the next year.

The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) distributes public money for teaching and research to universities and colleges in England; in 2010-11, we will allocate £7.4 billion to universities and colleges to support high quality education, research and related activities.
The HEFCE needs to ensure that it promotes disability equality in every area of its work. We would like to invite disabled people and people with experience supporting disabled people in the sector to be directly involved in the design and development of our policies and practices so that we can ensure it reflects your needs and priorities.

We are moving into the third year of our strategy, and would like to invite you to visit our website at http://www.hefce.ac.uk/lgm/divers/involve/ to find out more about the activities and outcomes of 2009/10. Last year, we had over 100 people apply to the scheme and are asking all of you to either renew your commitment or send it on to interested colleagues/ networks. If you have previously been involved, we request that you fill out a new registration form to reflect any changes in your contact details, interest or expertise. On our website, you will find copies of the registration form to download as well as our monitoring form and terms of reference for the group. You will also find them attached below.

This will be a one year commitment and will require little to no travel.  After stating your interest and experience and the degree of commitment you would like to make, participants will be contacted at various stages of the HEFCE policy-making processes for input. Degrees of involvement can range from giving feedback to consultations, contributing to impact assessments of various policies to sitting on a project steering group.
If you would be willing to help us shape our policies and ensure that we are working proactively towards disability equality in the higher education sector, please complete a registration form and equal opportunities form and send to Fariba Dashtgard at [log in to unmask] or telephone on 0117 931 7079.

We would appreciate receiving your expressions of interest by 24 September 2010.

Sincerely,

Fariba Dashtgard Soetan
Higher Education Funding Council for England,
Northavon House, Coldharbour Lane, B ristol BS16 1QD

Tel: 0117 931 7079
Fax: 0117 931 7100
web: www.hefce.ac.uk

Anything in this message which does not clearly relate to the official work of the sender's organisation shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by that organisation.