Guest Editors: Michael Radich and Geoff Troughton.

The second issue of Relegere: Studies in Religion and Reception for 2011
will be a special issue marking the centenary of Emile Durkheim. The
Elementary Forms of the Religious Life (1912). In keeping with Relegere's
focus on the reception and 're-reading' of foundational
texts in the study of religion, we invite contributions that address the
influence and significance of Durkheim's work as well as the ways that the
 reception and interpretation of Durkheim have evolved over time.

While inviting treatments of all aspects of Durkheim's continuing
relevance to the study of religion, we particularly welcome work that
considers the special relevance of Pacific (including Australasian)
materials to the Durkheimian legacy and vice versa.

The deadline for submissions is 20 January 2011. Submissions should be
directed to the editors of the special issue at [log in to unmask].

Relegere: Studies in Religion and Reception is a new open-access journal
dedicated to the study of reception history, broadly conceived, both
within and across religious traditions. Relegere publishes studies of the
transmission, reception, and effect of religious ideas, narratives,
and images within any medium and in relation to any religious tradition.

Relegere: Studies in Religion and Reception | ISSN 1179-7231 |

www.relegere.org