Hi Jill,

That's a very interesting find! The skull corresponds clearly with that of Gyps fulvus and not to Aegypius monachus.
Several incomplete skulls and bones were also found at Jerf el Ahmar (PPNA, Euphrates valley), but not in the same deposits. Aegypius monachus was also identified
by a single carpal.
Much closer to your period, there was a complete humerus found à Qatna. Its length is 276 mm.