Should be fixed now. Could I trouble a few people to repeat their tests
and let me know if it seems to be the case?

In case you're interested, the diagnosis I got was as follows.
Two DNS servers were removed from the list of name servers for the
rhul.ac.uk domain on Friday, dns0 and dns1. They did not have the
reverse lookups. This resulted in some stale caches of data from these
servers.
Last night they were made CNAMEs for the active servers, dns2 & dns3,
so they will now refer to the up to date data.
This should have propagated by now.

Thanks,
Simon