Dear SPMers,

I am new to SPM and have a question about the paired-t-test in the 2nd level. I wanted to compare two con images from the same subject, so I entered con_0001.img and con_0002.img as a pair in the paired-t-test. However, all of the betas (below the design matrix) are gray, indicating that none of them is uniquely specified. Attached is a picture of it. I do not have this problem when I was building a design matrix for each subject in the 1st level. Is it saying that I can't do a paired-t-test for con_0001 and con_0002? I also tried different pairs for the same subject but I got the same thing, i.e. gray betas.

Any hint would help. Thanks so much in advance.

Tiffany