Dear all,

I am implementing a factorial analysis with two within-subjects factors:
Factor A with three levels corresponding to different recording sessions
of each subject, and factor B with two levels corresponding to
measurements within each session. What kind of sphericity assumptions
should I make about the data? (Independence and variance settings in full
factorial analysis).

A further complication is that participants move a lot more in the two A
conditions than in the third one, so measurement quality probably differs.

For example, should I assume that the levels of both variables are
dependent because they are repeated measures from the same subjects? Or
should I assume INdependence with A, since the recordings have been made
on different sessions? Can I safely assume equal (or similar enough)
variance within the levels of factor B?

Thank you for any advice.

- Jari Kätsyri