Hi Michele,

>> Now my questions are:
>> 1) Can I use SPM for simple MRI images and not for fMRI?

Yes. For a complete anatomical image processing framework, search
MedLine and the list archives at
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?S1=spm for VBM. That'll keep
you busy until about 2012 :)

>> 2) can you give me instructions (from shell, from matlab, from spm) to follow to compare two MRI at two different times points of the same patient?

That would be longitundinal VBM, see advice above.

>> 3) can you indicate me some articols about the procedures mathematician at the base of any single algorithm of SPM (exctration, segmentation, ecc.)? what is the name of any algorithm (exctration, segmentation, ecc.)?

SPM is heavily annotated in the code, and there is an online
bibliography at http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/doc/biblio/ , the
content of which will easily keep you busy for another 2 years :)

Hope this helps,
Marko

Marko Wilke                                            (Dr.med./M.D.)

Universitäts-Kinderklinik              University Children's Hospital
Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)             Dept. III (Pediatric neurology)
             Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1, D - 72076 Tübingen
Tel.: (+49) 07071 29-83416                   Fax: (+49) 07071 29-5473