Dear Melmoth,

Non-linear DCM is a fairly recent extension to DCM for fMRI where you can specify regions exerting an influence on the coupling between other regions.

The article introducing this extension is:

Stephan et al. Nonlinear Dynamic Causal Models for FMRI. NeuroImage, 42(2):649-662, 2008.

best wishes,
Hanneke