UCL Institute of Neurology

Brain Repair & Rehabilitation

Senior Research Associate in Magnetic Resonance Imaging Physics

Applications are sought for a Senior Research Associate in MRI Physics to join a translational neuroimaging research project aimed at improving surgical outcome in patients with low grade gliomas using advanced pre- and intraoperative MRI.   The project will focus on the use of real-time fMRI to guide neurosurgical procedures, and the research team has access to an intra-operative Siemens 1.5T Espree system in addition to a 3T (Siemens Tim Trio) and two 1.5T (Siemens Avanto and GE Signa) MRI scanners.

Applicants should have/be close to obtaining a PhD in physics, biomedical engineering or medical image computing, or equivalent research experience, plus knowledge of MRI physics and experience in high-level programming; a background in pulse sequence programming is desirable.  Applicants should be highly motivated and capable of working both as members of a team and independently.

The post is available immediately and is funded for 3 years in the first instance.   Starting salary on UCL Grade 8 in the range £39,510 – £41,746 pa inclusive of London Allowance, superannuable.

For further details about the vacancy and how to apply on line please go to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/jobs/ and search for Reference Number 1150780. Further information from Miss E Bertram, Personnel Manager, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG (tel: 020 7676 2191; fax: 020 7278 5069; email: [log in to unmask]).  Informal enquiries welcome to Drs John Thornton (email:  [log in to unmask]) or Nikolaus Weiskopf (email:  [log in to unmask]).

Closing date for applications:   31 August 2010

UCL Taking Action for Equality

This email is confidential and is intended solely for the person or
Entity to whom it is addressed.  If this is not you, please forward the
Message to [log in to unmask]  We have scanned this email
before sending it, but cannot guarantee that malicious software is
absent and we shall carry no liability in this regard.

We advise that information intended to be kept confidential should not
Be sent by email.  We also advise that health concerns should be
Discussed with a medical professional in person or by telephone.
NHS Direct can also provide advice.  We shall not be liable for any
failure to follow this advice. University College London Hospitals NHS
Foundation Trust (UCLH).