Dear DCMers,

       Now I am engaged with a DCM study using family level inference and BMA. I have two families: F1 & F2. The exceedance probability of F1 is 0.88. Can I conclude that F1 is preferred than F2 with high confidence?

       Another question is about BMA. Using BMA, we can obtain model parameters as result. According to Penny 2010, there are two method to test the significance of these parameters. One is similar to group analysis in SPM which uses within-subject means as summary statistic in a RFX analysis. Another is described like this, ‘The i = 1 … N samples then provide a sample-based representation of the posterior density p(theta|Y)’ from which the usual posterior means and exceedance probabilities can be derived’ (Comparing Model Families, P7, after formula 33). I wonder how to get the exceedance probabilities of the parameters?

Best Wishes!

     Feng Lu

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5336 (20100803) __________

http://www.eset.com