Postdoctoral Position in Human Neuroimaging of Reward, Risk and
Decision Making.
University of Cambridge
The project uses fMRI  to study human brain processes in reward, risk
and economic decision making. The rationales, hypotheses, behavioural
concepts and task designs are closely related to parallel work using
single neuron electrophysiology in behaving monkeys. The project is
part of a larger research programme funded by the Wellcome Trust. For
general information and previous studies in our laboratory see
http://www.pdn.cam.ac.uk/staff/schultz/.

The anticipated work is conceptually based on animal learning theory
and behavioural economics and involves the experimental analysis of
behaviour and human neuroimaging (fMRI). We offer evolutive or
innovative projects for experimentally minded, theory driven, or
general neuroscience candidates. Our laboratory emphasises good
interactions and collaborations within our group, in Cambridge and
outside.

We seek applications from candidates with experience in human
neuroimaging using controlled behavioural tasks. Additional
experience with advanced statistics and model based imaging would be
an asset, as are excellent social and writing skills.

Start date is flexible, initial appointment will be for one or two
years up to September 30, 2012, with consideration for prolongations.
Initial deadline for application is September 30, 2010, but the
search will continue until an appropriate candidate has been
identified. Applications should include a CV, a half page description
of research experience related to the issues stated above, a half
page description of research interests, and contact details of two
referees. Wolfram Schultz, Department of Physiology, Development &
Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, UK, [log in to unmask]