Dear Diane,

By default SPM will use all the trials to compute the solution unless
you tell it not to. In GUI there is a question right after you press
the Invert button where you are asked to select the conditions. You
can select just one trial there if you indeed gave each trial a
distinct label. Whether there is enough information in a single trial
to get a meaningful solution is a different question the you'll have
to figure out yourself.

Best,

Vladimir

Sent from my iPad