From: To exchange information and views on the life and work of Rudyard Kipling [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan Diamond
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Barrack-room Ballads etc Peter Pauper Press ill Kredel

I have acquired a copy of:
"Barrack-room Ballads & Departmental Ditties By Rudyard Kipling/
Decorated by Fritz Kredel/
The Peter Pauper press, Mount Vernon . New York"
contains 13 & 12 poems
78 pp, printed on a handmade ?yellowish  paper, decd  paper boards, 21.4  x 12.5 cm,
in red slipcase with label affixed as on frontisp.
It is undated.. Has 12 attractive coloured illusns.
Not in bibliographies; Stewart at p 625 lists the unauthorised :
"Barrack-Room Ballads and Departmental Ditties", Peter Pauper press, 1934, in brown cloth & different size to mine.
Kredel came to USA after 1936. The internet lists various  versions of the Ballads illustrated by Kredel but feware dated.

I have emailed the press for a dating but without reply. Does anyone know of a bibliography of this illustrator?

Bryan Diamond
London

This email message from the law firm of McCarter & English, LLP is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.