On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Jen Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

And i'm sure their inboxes are equally full to bursting.
(or maybe they really do read them all, and i'm just being cynical)

I don't read them all. when it is a thread i'm not interested in I just hit the delete button. a lot depends upon the subject line.

The software is out there to make our lives easier..
(to quote Peter) why not just use it?

Actually we have more people signing up for recmgmt-l because it delivers the information in a manner that they want. And as RM professionals they have learned how to manage their email inboxes in an efficient manner using rules and folders

It's just like RAIN I deliver that via two different venues a twitter feed and a yahoo group newsletter. The twitter account has over 400 followers and the Yahoo group over 300 followers

there is no one right way to get the information we want. We have available to us via the internet blogs, tweets, groups, forums, email lists. Use what you like but dont think that you will get every one to switch to a new arena. some will some won't. It's just like there is no one newspaper that we get our news from or magazines. As professionals we have to seek out the information we can't follow everything. I've found that email lists are the most efficient way for me to get information and to stay in contact with colleagues.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va