Dear all,

We would like to highlight a fun opportunity for scientifically-minded and creative young people over the next few weeks.

The Time for Nano project has a video competition being run on YouTube. It is for people aged between 14 - 20 and is a chance for them to get their creative juices flowing!

The competition requires them to make a short (less than four minutes) video on nanotechnology and its applications. It should also reflect on one (or more) of the following themes:

-          Health

-          Divide

-          Privacy

-          Human enhancements

-          Environment
(details of these themes are on the Time for Nano website).

There is a prize of £500 for two winning videos. One video will be selected by the 'public vote' (that is, people rating it on YouTube etc.), the other will be selected by a jury.

The deadline for entries is the end of August 2010, so get cracking!

The web addresses are:
Time for Nano: http://timefornano.eu/
Competition rules: http://timefornano.eu/nano-video-competition
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/timefornano

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly.

Very best wishes,

Mat

Matthew Hickman, PhD  |  Special Projects Manager
The UK Association for Science and Discovery Centres
The Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5TX  | Reg. charity: 1129312  |  Company no: 6798106
T: 0117 915 0184  |  E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  W: www.sciencecentres.org.uk<http://www.sciencecentres.org.uk/>
Follow us on Twitter: @sciencecentres<http://twitter.com/sciencecentres>

Invitation to our Annual Meeting!
All our members are invited to our 2010 AGM on Thursday 16 September in Birmingham. The meeting will include a guest speaker and complimentary lunch, giving yuo the opportunity to meet other members. For details visit sciencecentres.org.uk/agm/<http://www.sciencecentres.org.uk/agm/>

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]