A somewhat bigger point to ponder is the diversity of activities
which call themselves 'Science Communication' . James Piercy and I
are both writers and presenters of science shows, and I have a
sideline in making hands-on exhibits and show props. I guess that
most readers of Psci-Com are more involved in science journalism or
PR than in doing what James and I do.

All of these activities  are subsumed under the heading 'Science
Communication', but it seems probable that they are so diverse in
practise that they have no core skills (apart from reading and
writing) in common.

So it seems ridiculous to suggest that a single qualification or
accreditation scheme could apply to all of these activities...

Hope this helps

Richard.

Richard Ellam
L M Interactive