A few thoughts from a webby person:

Wikis are good because anyone can edit the content. Wikis are bad because
anyone can edit the content.  There is also a tendency in wikis to create
very flat file structures rather than a content pyramid that you find on
standard websites.  While this is not necessarily a problem, it can create
issues if a taxonomy is not thought out from the start.

The wiki syntax is frustrating and often quirky and follows the increasing
trend to create systems that are some form of wysiwyg but give you no
ability to adjust the html to make it work for you.

I have also built my own web/blogsite in Drupal.  It is a powerful tool, but
fairly low-tech in terms of computational skills required to implement
features. So is worth investigating for what is in mind here.

For general information purposes, most hosting companies give you the option
to install countless applications environments so it is usually possible to
find a platform type that suits your need.  For example my US hosting
company offer the option to install form a pick list including: Drupal,
Joomla, WordPress, Xoops, Typo-3  TikiWiki, PhpWIki.  In essence you can
find any platform out there that would meet any specific needs.

In this case I would say that what is needs is a dedicated domain name (for
example www.psi-com.info is available) and then a redirect to a some pages
that could either be a totally new site (created as you say via a hack-day
process), or an extension of one of the existing sites.

Chris

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]