Hi - The Action Research Unit of Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, with the leadership of Professor Lesley Wood, has organised a conference on  'Action Research: Exploring its transformative potential' on the 19th and 20th August 2010. You can access the titles of presentations and the names of individual presenters at:

http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/jack/ARUatNMMU19-20August2010prog.pdf

These include presenters from the 'Self-study For Transformative Higher Education' (SeSTUTHE) group of Durban University of Technology and I'm hoping that these practitioners from higher education will share their full accounts in which they are making public their embodied knowledge as educators. I believe that finding appropriate forms of representation, for the energy-flowing values expressed by these educators in their professional practices, holds a key for the transformation of educational knowledge and for recognising the importance of some African ways of being for the future of humanity. I think that we might be able to relate these ways of being to the commitment of the Faculty of Education of Liverpool Hope University in the UK, to education as a means of humanizing society and of facilitating the flourishing of humanity

- see http://www.hope.ac.uk/ifres .

Jean McNiff is supporting the development of action research in Qatar and you can access a keynote presentation by Jean at Qatar University on YouTube. It's in three parts:

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HEfsRqNzWE

Part 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47Ln1kxikM&feature=youtube_gdata

Part 3  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfAbU3cmQ8g&feature=youtube_gdata

Do please keep sending to me the urls to your practitioner-researcher writings so that I can add them to the 'Other Homepages of Interest' section of http://www.actionresearch.net .

You can access and contribute directly to the Education and Learning and other Virtual Networking Streams for the 8th World Congress of ALARA from http://www.alara.net.au/public/home.

You can also access the Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Self-Study of Teacher Education Practices (S-STEP - a Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association) of the 6-9 August 2010 at Herstmonceux Castle in the UK, on 'Navigating the Public and Private: Negotiating the Diverse Landscape of Teacher Education', from http://sites.google.com/site/castleconference2010/Home (version 3). Pages 289-91 contain the names and emails of participants for you to contact if you wish.

Love Jack.