Hi Folks

What a terrific conversation.

I share Joan's understanding of servant leadership - but confess to
agreeing with Robyn's assessment about the slippery nature of the
terminology. From my perspective working and researching in the
community sector there is a strong heroic agency alive and well,
manifesting strongly in martyrs and warriors - both of whom burn out
very quickly . My sense is that Greenleaf was keen to change the
leadership paradigm in certain large and corporate organisations, but I
have long worried about its interpretation in the community sector.
Thanks Robyn for articulating this tension.

Warmly

Lynda

________________

Dr Lynda Shevellar
Student Mentor <http://studentmentor.wordpress.com/>

            School of Social Work and Human Services
<http://www.uq.edu.au/swahs/>                     Mondays & Tuesdays

            Room 307, Chamberlain Building (#35)

            Campbell Drive, St Lucia Campus
UQ ALLY

            University of Queensland, Qld, 4072
Research Fellow

            Ph. 07 3365 2952
Wednesdays & Thursdays

            Fax. 07 3365 1788
Small Loans Project
<http://www.uq.edu.au/swahs/research/SocialPolicyUnit/TheExperienceofUsi
ngFringeLendersinQueenslandPilotStudy.pdf>

Course Coordinator

Community Development Unit
<http://www.uq.edu.au/swahs/index.html?page=93623&pid=28788>