From: Alan Markowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Is what I am doing a good idea?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, 14 August, 2010, 18:15

Dear Joan and Alan,

I was wondering if you can help me understand the role of the knowledge base in our respective fields in this process. In teaching, for example, we know that certain practices can either positively or negatively impact the probability of learning. To me, the purpose of our AR model is to determine which of these professional practices will most likely allow us to continue our growth as professional practitioners in light of our current context. It seems to me that this critical knowledge is replaced by "What would I like to do better?" which to me must be seen in a contextual manner. Your feedback to help me understand is greatly appreciated.
Alan

Dr. Alan Markowitz
Director, Graduate Programs in Education
(973) 290-4328