On 9 Aug 2010, at 18:37, Alan Markowitz wrote:

> Hi Jack,
> I am attaching abstracts of 3 completed ED.D. action research dissertations. Can these be posted so that others may respond to what we are doing. I hope this adds to the conversation.
> Regards,
> Alan

Dear Alan (and all),

A pleasure to post the details of three recently completed ED.D. action research dissertations from the College of St. Elizabeth in New Jersey, USA.

William C. Carpluk (2010)  THE SENIOR YEAR ENIGMA: A STUDY OF THE ENTRENCHED AND SUSTAINING SOURCE OF SENIORITIS.
  Mary Rose Scalo (2010)  POSTSECONDARY TRANSITION FOR THE SIGNIFICANTLY DISABLED: CONNECTING THE SCHOOL TO THE COMMUNITY.
  Lauren A. Kazmark (2010) WHY CAN’T WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE? A STUDY OF READING INSTRUCTION IN AN URBAN SCHOOL DISTRICT.

	You can access the abstracts for the Dissertations from http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/stelizabeth/3EDDabstracts.pdf .
	You can access the full dissertations from William Carpluk and Lauren Kazmark by clicking on the url underneath the titles of the Abstracts.

	The additional significance for our Education and Learning Stream is that Alan has contributed a systemic influence in establishing action research in the graduate programmes across the 		College of St. Elizabeth. I'm hoping over the next year or so that Alan will share insights on how this was accomplished. Joseph Shosh has joined the e-seminar today and I think that Joseph 	has had a similar systemic influence at Moravian College in the USA . You can access details of Joseph's work at:
	http://home.moravian.edu/public/educ/eddept/faculty/shosh.htm

	Love Jack.