Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:30:13 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] OHT Vax administration
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi
I have gone back and read my dissertation and must apologise, the HCAs vaccinating were participating in several different pilot schemes.

The article I refered to from the 00's was from Nursing in Practice discussing and evaluating a more recent pilot for training HCA's in Stockport.

http://www.nursinginpractice.com/default.asp?title=Administeringfluandpneumococcalvaccines&page=article.display&article.id=6424

In this pilot they used Patient Specific Directives rather than group directives. I guess this is easier for a GP practice with a list of patients over 18 and in the flu vax target group as these will be the first called to the practice each year. (there is a section which discusses the legal implications).

Jacqui

******************************** Please remove this footer before replying. OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html