First, thanks to those who have responded, both on and off list. I am
trying to flounder through bits of a breviary with little Latin and
less Greek ;) and I really appreciate the help.

The table blessing I have found contains what seems to be a *Lauda* in
the Mozarabic tradition, which we would call a responsory. From what
I've read, the Mozarabic Liturgy of the Hours uses a lot of these,
sometimes two or three in a row (and perusal of my source confirms
this). Here it is:

> Vox laetitiae et salutis Alleluia.
> [P.] In tabernaculis justorum. Alleluia, alleluia.
> Ecce quam bonum, et quam jocundum, habitare fretres in unum.
> [P.] In tabernaculis justorum.
> [V.] Gloria, et honor Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto, in sęcula
> sęculorum. Amen.
> [P.] In tabernaculis justorum.

Does anyone have an opinion whether "Ecce quam bonum...habitare
fretres in unum" would likely be used as part of a routine table
blessing in a _non_-monastic context? I am trying to reconstruct
something that might have been used in a secular noble household.
(BTW, I have reproduced the spelling as best I can read it from the
not terribly good photos of old text.)

Also, does anyone have a suggestion whether the Alleluias would be
repeated every time "In tabernaculis justorum" is said?

These are the sorts of things that apparently don't get written down
because "everybody knows!"

O    Chris Laning <[log in to unmask]> - Davis, California
+     http://paternoster-row.org - http://paternosters.blogspot.com

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]