Call for Papers:

38th Sewanee Medieval Colloquium April 8-9, 2011
on the theme of Voice, Gesture, Memory, and Performance in Medieval
Texts, Culture, and Art

Plenary speakers:  TBA

We invite 20-minute papers from all disciplines on any aspect of
voice, gesture, memory or performance.  We also welcome proposals for
3-paper sessions on particular topics related the theme.  Please
submit an abstract (approx. 250 words) and brief c.v., electronically
if possible, no later than 1 October 2010. If you wish to propose a
session, please submit abstracts and vitae for all participants in
the session. Commentary is traditionally provided for each paper
presented; completed papers, including notes, will be due no later
than 1 March 2011. The Sewanee Medieval Colloquium Prize will be
awarded for the best paper by a graduate student or recent PhD
recipient (degree awarded since July 2008). For further information
on the Sewanee Medieval Colloquium, see
http://www.sewanee.edu/Medieval/main.html.

Please address submissions and inquiries to Dr Susan Ridyard,
(or Dept of History, The University of the South, Sewanee, TN 37383)

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]