I was in the BFI's library in Stephen Street and one of the librarians
mentioned that a couple of the microfiche readers have the facility to
create electronic scans. Like the facility to create printouts from the
microfiche, this is hooked up to a PC and creates .bmps or .tiffs that can
obviously then be edited, printed out or emailed...

I scanned lots of newspaper clippings, emailed it to myself using Gmail and
didn't incur the cost of the printing - very useful for my limiting budget
as a Phd student. (I did pop a few coins in the honesty box by the printer.)

Apparently no-one has used it in some time, so I thought I would share this
occult knowledge!

Matt Crowder