John Peel wrote:

You've secured the most important rights so I would say that although
> you're still not legally suppose to the risk is low to publish them.

Whilst there may be some good moral arguments for not publishing
identifiable photos of people without permission, I've never really
understood where the law actually stood on this.

From only having dipped my toe in photography forums like Flickr (where
there are some pretty militant photographers) and a quick bit of reading on
Wikipedia (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law#Photography_and_privacy),
it seems that there's no specific prohibition against taking or publishing
photos of people, other than the potential to infringe privacy - and this
seems to come down to whether there's an 'expectation of privacy' - which
wouldn't exist, for example, in public places, but would prevent people
taking photos of you in your own home with a telephoto lens.

Am I missing anything here?

There are still some good reasons for requiring model release forms -
especially where you're using an image for marketing purposes.

Frankie
--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle