Nor was I particularly impressed with the Radio 5 Live so-called debate.  Whilst we did have a brief piece from Miranda McKearney, which did well to promote the summer reading challenge and a librarian from Telford fighting our corner, the piece seemed to underline the old stereotypical image of libraries and librarians.  On several occasions Shelagh Fogarty simply played to this – we had to have the giggly comment about not saying "shhh" once, when thanking the librarian from Telford, and they had to have someone of course who still had a book in their possession from when they were a child so how big are the fines and dare I go back in????

Considering the quality of some of the debates they have, I felt we were let down, and that the issue wasn't taken as a serious topic.

David S Pearson

Stock Manager

Libraries & Learning

Stock Management Unit