From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Aird
Sent: 10 August 2010 15:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pre-Overdue SMS and emails

In West Dunbartonshire we subscribe to LibraryElf which allows users to choose which notices to receive by email, including available holds, overdues & pre-overdues.  For pre-overdues users are able to decide how much notice they want in advance of the due date, a feature which most users find useful. Our LibraryElf information can be found at:  http://bit.ly/ghFSY

We haven’t experienced a significant decrease in overdue items since subscribing to LibraryElf, but we’re not too concerned by this.

Over the next year we plan to introduce an internal email service to replace our LibraryElf subscription, as this will run in conjunction with our printed notices to avoid two notices being sent, in paper and electronic form.  We will only deliver pre-overdue notices by email, for users with email addresses recorded in our LMS.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Aird

Senior Officer, ICT & Learning