I am currently on a working party looking at our overdue recovery procedure and was wondering about the effectiveness of pre-overdue messages by text or email.

Does your area use this as a means of cutting down on overdue recovery? If so how successful has it been and has there been a noticeable drop in the number of people with overdue books?

How does your system work and do customers have to ask to sign up for the service?

If anyone has any information about this I would be grateful for the input.

Thanks

Cath Hancox

Community Librarian

West Area

Libraries, Heritage and Arts

Darlaston Library

1 King Street

Darlaston

WS10 8DD

Tel. 0121 526 4530/01902 366513

Fax. 0121 526 2298

www.walsall.gov.uk

Disclaimer: The information in this message must be regarded as confidential and is intended for the addressee only unless explicitly stated. If you have received this message in error it must be deleted and the sender notified. The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Walsall Council unless explicitly stated. Please be aware that emails sent to or received from Walsall Council may be intercepted and read by the council to ensure compliance with council policies or regulatory obligations, or for the purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email system.  You should also be aware that any email may be subject to a request under Data Protection, Freedom of Information or Environmental Information legislation and therefore could be disclosed to third parties.