Dear list,

I'm interested to know if anyone provides or has previously provided an sms text service to their library members.

We contact many of our members on their mobile phones (at their request) to inform them when books or articles are available for collection.

A text messaging service would be an ideal way of providing such updates and, if these could be written and sent from our desktop computers then this might be quicker (save staff time) making phone-calls and leaving voicemail messages.

If anyone is using a text messaging service then I'd be interested to know how this has been set up.

Does it require a telephone contract with a mobile phone company?

Kind regards,

David Cleland

Library Administrator
Library
East Riding Medical Education Centre (ERMEC)
Hull Royal Infirmary
Anlaby Road
HULL
HU3 2JZ

Telephone: 01482 604323

The views expressed in this e-mail and any attachments are personal and, unless stated explicitly, do not represent the views of Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust. Furthermore, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust will not be bound by this e-mail.

Although Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust endeavours to ensure that all systems are virus-free, the  Trust will not be liable for any losses as a result of any virus contained within this email or attachment(s).

The content of this email and any attachment is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or forwarding of this email and/or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by email and delete this message and any attachments immediately. Nothing in this email shall bind the Trust in any contract or obligation, unless we have specifically agreed to be bound.

Virus Warning:

Although this email and any attachment are believed to be free from viruses, which might affect any system into which they are received or opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.  Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from their receipt, opening or use.