IFM Healthcare is a partnership organisation of CILIP's Health Libraries Group.  It aims to improve the provision of all formats of information to health and social care managers and other professionals.  IFMH enables members to keep up to date and better informed on issues related to the management and delivery of healthcare.

We currently have the following vacancies on the committee:
Joint Study-Day Co-ordinator
IFMH organises between two study days per year to help disseminate knowledge and best practice about management information.  One of the study days usually takes place at Umbrella and the HLG Conference, which alternate each year.  This is a shared post, so you won't be on your own.
Reasons to Join the IFMH Committee
So why might you want to become involved?  The obvious answer is for personal and professional development.  Being a member of the committee provides regular opportunities for you to meet with, and discuss professional issues with colleagues from around the country.  This means you will gain exposure to a wide range of issues similar to, or quite different from those faced by your own organisation.
Enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved are the most important qualities and you will bring a fresh perspective to the committee, whilst at the same time broadening your understanding of the sector.
A significant proportion of committee work takes place via email and telephone, though we like to meet as a committee four times a year.  We tend to rotate the venue of meetings so that we can visit one another's organisations whilst also sharing the travel.  Lunch is provided, and all travel expenses are met by the group.

If you would like to chat with me about becoming involved with IFM Healthcare, please email or give me a call.  For more information on the work of the group and to view past issues of INFORM, visit our website www.ifmh.org.uk<http://www.ifmh.org.uk>.

Regards

Richard Bridgen
Chair and Joint-editor of INFORM
Information for the Management of Healthcare

T/F:    01522 573940
www.ifmh.org.uk<http://www.ifmh.org.uk/>

We have served the people of Lincolnshire since April 2000, providing a comprehensive range of hospital-based medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological services delivered by highly trained staff and volunteers. Every year, we invest in improving our clinical services by replacing and upgrading our medical equipment, modernising our estate and facilities and improving our information and technology infrastructure.

For the latest information about the Trust please visit: www.ulh.nhs.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please accept my apologies and notify me immediately. Thank you.

Disclaimer: The contents of this email are not necessarily the policy or opinion of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust or any person employed by it. This transmission is intended only for the named recipient(s) and is confidential in nature. If received in error, please return it to the sender and destroy any copies immediately.