Hello,

JSTOR launched its new platform today. While I can connect okay on campus, off campus users may see the following message:

--
Maintenance

JSTOR (www.jstor.org) is currently undergoing maintenance.

You have reached this page because your institution's DNS server needs to be refreshed to re-engage with the JSTOR platform. If this issue persists, please contact your library or IT staff for assistance.

You can also reach JSTOR User Services to report this issue and we will contact your institution to make them aware of the problem.

Contact JSTOR Support
--

The message is not helpful as we, as an institution, can't do anything about an off-campus user's ISP DNS server. I'm afraid off-campus users will just have to wait until their ISP's DNS server is refreshed.

I recommend advising users to switch from JSTOR's homepage to the login page instead, as this seems to work:)
https://www.jstor.org/action/showLogin

Kind regards,

Dom Benson
Electronic Resources Librarian
Brunel University Library, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK, UB8 3PH
Tel: +44(0)1895 266143; fax: +44(0)1895 269741