**Apologies for cross-posting**

***SLIC/SCURL/MmITS/SALCTG***
***Working in a digital age: the Tenth Anniversary Ebooks Conference -
Edinburgh, Thursday 21st October 2010***

With Amazon predicting that e-books will overtake paperbacks by the
end of 2011 and libraries around the country launching digital
collections there?s never been a more appropriate time to discuss
ebooks and libraries.

We are pleased to announce that our programme includes presentations on:

?	the strategic landscape for ebooks and libraries

?	digital literacy;

?	the Google generation;

?	mobile learning;

?	the implications of the Digital Economy Act 2010; and

?	e-procurement

The event is being held in the magnificent surroundings of the
University of Edinburgh?s Playfair Library and includes a supplier
exhibition. A full programme will be available shortly.

Booking is now open and delegate rates are being held at last year?s prices:
Earlybird rate (until end of September) £65 + VAT (thereafter £85 + VAT)

Online booking can be completed at:
http://www.slainte.org.uk/events/EvntShow.cfm?uEventID=2507

--------
Celia Jenkins
SUNCAT Bibliographic Assistant
EDINA
Causewayside House
160, Causewayside
Edinburgh.
EH9 1PR

email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +44 (0) 131 650 3188

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.