From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara Hopkins
Sent: 09 August 2010 11:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Problem with Firefox after upgrading to Shibboleth 2

Hi Christopher,

Your original posting is now nearly two months old, but I thought it
might be worth replying now anyway, if you're still experiencing issues
with this. Another organisation quite recently experienced similar
intermittent problems with an iChain-fronted Shibboleth 2 IdP.
Investigation pointed to cacheing in iChain, and it turns out that
iChain will honour cache settings from the web server. They initially
experimented with cache settings in Apache, but what eventually did the
trick was adding the following to the login.jsp file

response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache,no-store,must-revalidate");
response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
response.setDateHeader("Expires", -1);

They needed to purge the iChain cache after the Tomcat restart to make
the settings take effect.

Regards,

Sara Hopkins
SDSS Support Team

--
Sara Hopkins
SDSS Support Team

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Edinburgh Napier University - one of the top 10 universities in the UK for graduate employability (HESA 2009) and proud winners of the Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education 2009, awarded for innovative housing construction for environmental benefit and quality of life.