It seems to me that such SPs need to wake up to the 21 century and the
fact that we now live in a global village. Many institutions have
overseas students who may return home during vacations to see family,
where federated access allows them to seemlessly continue with any
coursework. There are also overseas campuses where students engage in
courses run from the UK but may never set foot here. As registered
students they should surely be allowed access regardless of whether they
are in Dundee or Dar es Salam.

hmm, tailored software with a GPS which only delivers the content if you
are in a specific location at midnight on midsummers day ...

Colin.

--
Colin Farrow
Computing Service, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ