Of course Stevan should  put whatever strapline he likes on his messages, but I don't  see the point of putting this one on;  repository managers,  funders and institutions will no doubt continue to focus on what THEY decide their priorities are.

Charles

From: Repositories discussion list [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Talat Chaudhri [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 August 2010 11:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The Mandate of Open Access Institutional Repository Managers

Stevan,

Please consider putting this statement in your email signature. It's brief, to the point, and it would save everybody lots of time re-reading different versions thereof ;-)

Talat
My main point is so simple that it can be summarised in a single sentence: "Institutions and funders should mandate green OA and they should on no account promote or fund gold OA until and unless they have first mandated green OA." (That's it; all the rest is in the reasons and the evidence on which that stern-sounding injunction is based.)

--
Dr Talat Chaudhri
Research Officer