  Hello,

Echo spacing is the time btw. the phase encoding steps (i.e. btw. the
K-space lines). You case seems to be a bit more complicated b/c it seems
to be a multi-echo sequence, but not an EPI.

In EPI:
      - Number of Phase Encoding Steps = Echo Train Length
      - 1 excitation pulse/slice
      - TR = time btw. volumes
     The basic equation is:
         ES = TR/Number of Slices/Number of Phase Encoding Steps

So I suppose, your case is:
     - TR = time btw. excitation pulses
     - Echo Train Length = Number of Phase Encoding Steps btw. two
excitation pulses
     The equation may be:
         ES = Min TR/Echo Train Length

Does that sounds correct?

Auer, Tibor M.D. Ph.D.
Biomedizinische NMR Forschungs GmbH
am Max-Planck Institut für Biophysikalische Chemie
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Göttingen
Germany
Phone/Work: +49-(0)551-201-1725