Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply. Now I understand how the FSL estimate the motion pramrameters. Basically it's just make it as problem with the 3D matrix, if the voxel size is the same. I think I could probably try to move the phantom to see how the estimated parameters changed.

Based on my understanding, may I confirm that the bvec should be the same space as the 3D matrix,  inplan + slice direction? so if there is a slice angulation, let's say it's 45 degree from axial direction. Then the FSL assume the x-y of bvecs is inplan and z is the same with slice direction?

Many many thanks!

Best regards,