-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marjanne WORSLEY
Sent: 28 July 2010 10:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New regulations

Hi

In the JCQ's General Regulations for Approved Centres, it states on page
11 'Candidates who have been absent for a general qualification
examination and do not fulfil the criteria for special consideration
should have their cash-in/certification code withdrawn prior to the
publication of results.'

Does anyone know why? It is our practice to keep them in as it reflects
what has happened. When we did not teachers would leave students entered
which led to numerous phonecalls trying to contact the absent candidates
only to be told they dropped the subject ages ago. Now at long last I
have a pretty tight system and the students who missed the exams are
mostly covered by Special Consideration. A few however 'vote with their
feet' and do not turn up and should get graded (I know mostly an U).

Does should have it is up to us and it is not mandatory? Your thoughts
please.

Kind regards

Marjanne

Marjanne Worsley
Examinations Officer
Central Sussex College - Sixth Form Haywards Heath
Harlands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1LT
Phone: 01444 446844, Fax: 01444 454207, e-mail:

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may
contain legally privileged or commercially confidential information. The
contents should not be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Any
opinion expressed represents the personal views of the sender and not
necessarily those of the College. Unauthorised recipients are requested
to preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender
immediately of the error in transmission. Please accept our apologies
for any inconvenience caused.
Paston College Email is scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies'
email management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems