Sent: 05 August 2010 16:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Construction Health & Safety Tests

Couldn't agree more with the lack of consideration from IIBT to centres in bringing this in....

Issues for us:

*         The precedent that this is setting amongst awarding bodies, not to accept the security arrangements of centres.

*         Requirement to have webcam drivers installed on many single PC's around the college - as we use one of possibly fifteen rooms for the tests.

*         The increased overhead - in allowing invigilators roughly 3 to 5mins per person for photo admin time to each session. Nearly ½ hour to 45 mins extra invigilation costs per session???? + The costs of having camera's for each site and a spare. For us possibly 6@£70.

*         Unnecessary duplication of process through lack of acknowledgement of centres who do already photograph learners as part of their enrolment systems.

*         Increased possibility of technical failure.

Is there enough feeling on this matter to write a combined letter of complaint ?

Regards

Kevin Francis