Old Charity images?  The Spastic Centre of NSW still rely on images
of 'crippled' children to tug on the heart-strings attached to
people's wallets.  Go to their website
http://www.thespasticcentre.org.au/default.asp [1] for a sample of
21st century charity images cemented in a tragedy-model of disability
 .
	Janice
 On Wed 28/07/10 8:52 PM , Liz Crow [log in to unmask] sent:
  I'm going to be running a workshop in September on propaganda and
am looking for some old disability charity images (Winged Fellowship,
Spastics Society, MS Society, etc). Does anyone know where I can get
hold of some images or have any they could lend me to scan? Thanks!
 This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre
for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds
(www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies [2]).
 Enquiries about list administration should be sent to
 Archives and tools are located at:
 www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html [4]
 You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this
web page.
-------------------------
 University of Western Sydney Student Email System - _have you
checked your student email today?_

Links:
------
[1] http://www.thespasticcentre.org.au/default.asp