Scott,
I received a question from someone off-list and did some searching. Here is a website about Kindle 3 that I found interesting and am posting to this listserv. It seems as if Kindle has addressed the menu issue but of course, I suspect that there are
other access limitations  for many groups as there are for all technologies. I look forward to the day where such limitations and exclusions will not exist.

http://www.euain.org/?q=node/266

Thanks for the conversation and discussion.
Liz

Elizabeth DePoy, PhD
Professor, Interdisciplinary Disability Studies and Social Work
http://www.ccids.umaine.edu/faculty-staff/depoy.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_DePoy
University of Maine
5717 Corbett Hall