Dear Forum Subscribers,

The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has commissioned UWE, Bristol to carry out a research project that is looking at ways of developing a climate of success for disabled people who want to become architects. The overarching aim of the project is to help to develop a more diverse architectural profession that will be more representative of the community it serves. Working with my colleagues, Ann de Graft-Johnson and Katie Lucking, we have already received over 80 responses to an online questionnaire that focussed on obtaining feedback from students studying architecture and architects in practice. This is yielding some interesting results. We have also conducted a series of follow up interviews and an analysis of websites and we have interviewed a number of people in universities who are supporting students on architecture courses to obtain their views.

Now comes the request for your help..... Ideally we would like to interview more support workers from universities and we are hoping that if you feel you can throw light on the way in which disabled students on architecture courses can be supported we would be very pleased to hear from you.

Kind regards

Sandra

My contact details are as follows:
Sandra Manley